Della did her half of the packing with no trouble from which we see that she just put on her baby act when Diana was around

Taking Della back home to Paxton as I counted the lost items in the aftermath of my car theft. Evidently, Della had been comforted overnight by my snoring and then had done well clearing away the breakfast things and packing.

Our journey was slowed down by the icy roads and freezing fog, but we made it home safely. Di took Debbie and her friend Tabatha ice skating as I tended Sam and Della chilled out. Reading up on rifle shooting and updating my journal before quite tired to bed.

By this morning I had totalled four things that had been lost in my car theft. Apart from the two electric drills, there was my jig-saw and also my pair of Barbour hunter boots in size 11 which could mean some quite large car thieves were responsible! I eventually reported all this later by telephone to the Norfolk police once I had returned home as the car telephone was not suitable. I was a wake early, fed and walked the dog and had then finished some of the loading and packing before Della woke up. She had slept well and had been comforted by something unusual. This was the fact agreed amongst the rest of the family that I snore at night.

** "Read More" BELOW for the complete story **

In fact, it is evidently not an actual 'snore' but heavy or laboured breathing which I attribute to the nose injury I sustained in Scotland the year before last. Della was still worried about my car break-in and telephoned Diana to tell her all about it! Apart from that, she had been very happy overnight and then laid breakfast and tidied it away and washed up afterwards. She then did her half of the packing with no trouble from which we see that she just puts on her baby act when Diana is around. The journey home was slowed down by ice and freezing fog, but we made it home safely. Debbie had friend Tabatha to stay, and Diana was taking them ice skating this afternoon and this let me unpack and tend Sam whilst Della relaxed in front of the TV. A quiet remainder of the day, eating far too many nuts to use up the Christmas supply! I did manage to read a couple of chapters of a library book on rifle-shooting and updated my journal before bedtime when I became quite tired.